Web Site: EDIT 705 Instructional Design

homepage_edit705In this course students learn the ADDIE instructional design process. Using a design document process, students follow a four stage model: 1) Problem Analysis, 2) Needs Assessment, 3) Task Analysis, 4) Development and Evaluation. Students work to identify learning needs and design solutions that meet those needs. Students conduct a formative evaluation to gather evidence that their design met the intended learning goal. In addition, students plan out future implementation and summative evaluations.

Maintaining my course site forced me to do a lot of "paper" shuffling. Students were emailing me their documents and I was uploading those for students. It was a huge time sink. Having developed a few courses in WebCT, I welcome the time savings in using a course management system. It's still limiting, but I don't miss the repetitive work and file management.

Supporting Documentation
  • Syllabus (pdf)
  • Personas (pdf)
  • Content Inventory (pdf)
  • edit.gmu.edu/705/ (password protected)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John's Admin Page

Web Design: 2020 Vision Conference

Book Review: Petroski